December 12, 2010

Our Story : Preamble

lchris and I will begin telling our story shortly. I will also write more about the financial situation in my next post, but this needs to come first.


When I spoke out to coordinate an auction bid for members, I meant all members, including members that volunteer, also known as Staff.

When Staff approached me to join together in the bid, I did so in good faith.

I believed that all Staff was acting in good faith. I believed they would keep their word and that they had the good of all the members in mind.

I know now that this was false. All Staff were not honest. All Staff were not acting in good faith.


I kept my promises, to you and to them.  I bought the site.  I created the non-profit, registered it in the midst of an attack on the site by the Staff, and despite their actions, gave them the extra seat on the board needed to control it, and appointed the existing administrator Director of the Board..  That was the agreement I made to them. Once the non-profit was finally established, I sold the site to it for $1.00.  That completed my promises to you.

But many promises made to me and you by the Staff and/or the Board were not kept. 

Recently, I was intentionally prevented from maintaining oversight of the finances, and lchris was intentionally removed from having access to all of SBFII accounts.

Some will try and spin these incidents as non-issues or trivial, but they are not.

They are a continuation of a pattern of deception with intent to defraud that lchris and I have dealt with for over 6 months.We will post the chronology of events tomorrow so that you can see why this is actually very important.

It is just one example of why we fought so hard for transparency.
And why you must continue demanding transparency from the Staff and the Board.

lchris and I resigned for legal and ethical reasons. Because we promised to tell you the truth and we were not free to do so as long as we were still members.

As always, we remain 100% committed to supporting SBFII and all members. We have joined other sites (some under construction) as we do intend to remain in the SB community. We are not in any way advocating that you leave SBFII over this situation.

It's a great site. It houses the most fans, and the most comprehensive news and content for Susan Boyle. Please don't let a few wrong-headed people drive you out.

You won the site at auction. It is yours.

If anyone did anything behind the scenes to manipulate that auction, it wouldn't be legal.

The site is yours. Managed by the 7 member Board.

The Board has COMPLETE oversight. Not the Staff.

Know that the majority of the Staff and Board (and some members) of SBFII have been conned and are good people.

Wherever possible, we will leave you out of our story. There will be no real names, addresses, photos or other personal identifying data - this is the live and open Internet.

Yet, as we are unable to get retractions of false accusations against us (and others), we will need to post data that proves us innocent of the false charges.

3 comments:

  1. Another illuminating blog! Another day of revealing the deception that some of the Board are intent at continuing. Another day of revelations of deeds so foul that us ordinary and trusting members of SBFII are left with our mouths hanging open.

    The sooner this matter comes to rest the better.

    Again I commend Dyebat, Lchris, CL and Knudt for their diligent, persistent and committed focus at uncovering the deception.

    Thank you!!!

    Janaki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (lchris, dyebat, knudt, and citroenlady) for your courage and integrity in standing up for what is moral and ethical. There is not enough of that in the world these days. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you (lchris, dyebat, knudt, and citroenlady) for your courage and integrity . As they say you can't tell the players without a score card. Your report sure gives the complete picture.

    ReplyDelete